Saturday, August 15, 2009

6weeks of life ...

Six weeks over am still Breathing... final yr medicine posting s considered as one
of the toughest in career . out of 12weeks i ve completed first half n the Internal assessment
...
Actually i dint find it very difficult as i expected (thanks to my friend's worthy !! advice how
to get accustomed to it) ... The thing i felt difficult s reaching hosp 7.30, standing in wards , so n so
small small physical strain.

I made myself clear before postin that i cant complete all medicine books or know every
word in medicine , i'm moving at my own pace, never minding what others think about me ..

My achievments in 6 weeks.;

1. i havent answered a single question in op ( only once i was questioned in entire 6weeks)

2. i dint change any of my schedule - saw eng movies, went to theatre, played
cricket , went for night treats, went long long distance dinner .

3. i slept more than usual ...

4 . i'm not going noon classes, got used to post-prandial sleep (enjoying the
sleep as a result of splanchinic vasodilatation)

serious part ..

5. i'm less talkative , i see the difference in me . I hate those serious faces
around me discussing subjects , so keep mum , also constant torture from kid sister saying
i dont behave mature enough, i'm never serious etc, etc, so just reduced my overflowing speech.
seriously i dont know how to behave serious , she wont understand so just keep tough
face at times and pretend i'm serious ....

thats all nothing more ...

Then about my unit ...

My unit s a bit brainy unit , so naturally i got to suffer between them. At first
i cant even follow them , even at times i used to guess what language they speak ...
Even while examing i dont hear what they hear with steth. And am poor in differentiating
the heart murmurs ...

so i play a tactic in unit , when reading about a disease i ll search n read a Rare n rarest
sign, next day while examining i ask whether this sign present or not , just love !!to see their
blinking eyes with self questioning themself .

Eg. i asked one day whether Tansoyl's sign present while examining Liver in Cirrhosis patient . ( actually its a simple test , just need a inch tape to do it , just the word is unheard)
These r my small small things i do to survive in unit ...

The most convincing part came this week in First Unit wards, while taking class sir
told all these murmur r nothing usefull in ur life after passing final yr mbbs unless u take cardio.
I exhaled with great relief " oh god i will escape soon "

Logic fact for this is :- Before 30 yrs to pass mbbs u must know everything about syphilis ,

at present to pass mbbs u must know everything about Rheumatic fever n heart disease.

Eventually the incidence of new cases of rheumatic fever s drastically reduced after

introduction of appropriate antibiotic treatment . .

Anyway first unit medicine is a different experience , just one week over, so
ll write about it in separate post after 6weeks. .


The toughest question came during I.A when my chief asked

what speciality u going to take after mbbs ?

I blinked for a longtime n then answered i havent decided yet sir ,
that day i was very embarrased n thought he could ve asked a toughest question in subject instead.
still i got no answer for it , when i think about it i feel really bad so stopped thinking about it. . .
I even know what my friends going to take like

Arunkumar - Radiologist [ MD,DMRD]

Vijayaraj - ENT [MS]

Ganapathy - MS [ general surgeon ]

Henithraj - MD [ anaesthesia ]



then how come i dont know what i'm
interested in ... ok right now i'm not interested in this topic , goin to sleep ..

2 comments:

Arun Kumar said...

he he.. splanchnic vaso dilation... dei.. neria padikira pola... :-D

n excellent tactic to nose cut brainy guys da...

n whatever ur 'kid sister' says... U be cool n never become serious da...

U havent decided on a PG yet?? hmmm.. I always thot u wanted to be a Gen Surgeon... mugathile oru kalai theriyuthu...

shiva... said...

@arun

its great u people around me thinking i'm traveling with a motive ( pg) ;);).ok. ok .

ya. what s going to change if i become serious , i want to be like this only :)